A hiking holiday on the Katschberg!
The family hotel, the Hinteregger, is located right in the hiking and recreation area of the Katschberg!
There are plenty of hiking routes which you can start out on directly from the hotel. Some challenging, some family-friendly, inspiring in any event.
Our hotel and tourist board office on the Katschberg organises free guided hikes for you with local hiking guides. With this offer you also get to choose between a variety of routes and difficulty levels.
Our hiking tips!
- Hiking and fishing: enjoy a fantastic hike through the Pöllatal valley with our hiking guide. Young hikers really enjoy fishing, and their catch is prepared right in the Restaurant Stamperl.
- Mascot hike: hike with the Katschberg mascots from the centre of the town to the horse-riding centre.
Day hikes: Come with us on a day hike to the Ochsenhütte or to the Kareck (Duration:around 7 hours)
- Sunrise hike: Early risers get to experience the Katschberg at its best. We set off at 5:00 a.m. and enjoy the sunrise while eating our delicious breakfast.
- Adventure-filled river trail: In the Pöllatal valley we hike along the unique river adventure trail. There are so many interesting facts for children to learn on the presentation boards, then it's back on the choo-choo train!
- UNESCO Biosphere park: On this hike through the Biosphere park the emphasis is on nature studies and on finding out about the plants and animals here.
Hoamart – the harvest festival on the Katschberg
The opening event takes place on 31st August every year with the traditional customs day. Until the middle of October there events take place on the Katschberg as part of HOAMART, there are hikes, singing and cheese is even made.
Alpine lodge landlords offer delicious foods from the region. Watch master smiths and shingle makers as they work.
Music hiking weeks are also held on the Katschberg.
More than 20 participating groups accompany us on hikes to the loveliest places on the Katschberg.
Carinthian maps tour guide
In the Carinthian tour guide you will certainly find a hiking tour to suit your needs. Depending on your fitness, time and inclination, you can put a bespoke tour together. Have fun!
Hiking poles and hiking shoes can be hired here on request. Our packed lunches ensure you won’t go hungry and there are lots of traditional Alpine inns along the hiking routes too!