Hiking holiday in the top mountain region
The family hotel, the Hinteregger, is located right in the hiking and recreation area of the Katschberg!
That is why the hotel is the perfect starting point for all kinds of hiking tours. Everything is available, from demanding to family-friendly.
Our hotel and tourist board office on the Katschberg organises free guided hikes for you with local hiking guides. With this offer you also get to choose between a variety of routes and difficulty levels.
Our hiking tips!
- Hiking and fishing: Walk with our hiking guide through the Pöllatal and enjoy the mountains. While fishing you can prove your skills - this is fun especially for the kids.
- Mascot hike: Hike together with the Katschberg mascots from the town center to the horse center.
- Sunrise hike: Early risers get to experience the Katschberg at its best. We set off at 5:00 a.m. and enjoy the sunrise while eating our delicious breakfast on the mountain.
- Adventure-filled river trail: In the Pöllatal valley we hike along the unique river adventure trail. There are so many interesting facts for children to learn on the presentation boards, then it's back on the choo-choo train!
- UNESCO Biosphere park: On this hike through the Biosphere park the emphasis is on nature studies and on finding out about the plants and animals here.
Hoamart – the harvest festival on the Katschberg
The opening event takes place on 15th August every year with the traditional Samson day. Until the middle of October there events take place on the Katschberg as part of HOAMART, there are hikes, singing and cheese is even made.
Alpine lodge landlords offer delicious foods from the region. Watch master smiths and shingle makers as they work.
Music hiking weeks are also held on the Katschberg.
More than 20 participating groups accompany us on hikes to the loveliest places on the Katschberg.
Carinthian maps tour guide
In the Carinthian tour guide you will certainly find a hiking tour to suit your needs. Depending on your fitness, time and inclination, you can put a bespoke tour together. Have fun!
Hiking poles and hiking shoes can be hired here on request. Our packed lunches ensure you won’t go hungry and there are lots of traditional Alpine inns along the hiking routes too!