movement in nature...
Hiking vacation at 1,640 meters
altitude at the Hinteregger family hotel at Katschberg
Pack your hiking boots and look forward to a unique and enjoyable hiking vacation at Katschberg.
You are in good hands at the Hinteregger family hotel. You will stay in spacious and tastefully furnished suites, comfort rooms or family apartments, enjoy daily all-inclusive full board and the varied vacation program for the whole family!
Various hikes lead directly from the Hinteregger family hotel at Katschberg to worthwhile hiking destinations.
You can take the children on guided hikes with local mountain guides, or you can explore the peace, nature, and relaxation on your own.
There are easily accessible hiking destinations for families. Our hiking tips for you:
- Pölla valley into the valley of 1000 orchids, on foot along the stream or more comfortably with the choo choo train to the Kochlöffelhütte!
- From the Katschberg to the Branntweinerhütte and the Kösselbacherhütte on the Aineck, on foot from car park 3, the tranquil hiking trail leads around the Aineck. The 3-seater chairlift also takes you comfortably up to the Aineck and from there the hiking trail takes you to the alpine pastures.
- Herzerlwanderweg to the Gamskogelhütte—comfortable and also suitable for strollers. If you are in good shape, you can climb the Tschanek.
- Hike into the Gontal to the Pritzhütte—this trail is also suitable for strollers. The route goes through the cool forest for 4 kilometers into the Gontal valley. There are many animals for the kids to see at the Pritzhütte.
A special highlight of a vacation at Katschberg is the sunrise hike up the Kareck. The view and the kiss of the first morning sun remain in your heart.
- Hike with music at one of the Hoamart farmers’ autumn festivals at Katschberg. Visit the most powerful places with us, look over the shoulders of master blacksmiths and woodworkers, and enjoy cheese specialties on the alpine pastures.
There are themed trails, countless hikes to summit crosses, or even challenging 3,000-meter-high mountain in the Lungau vacation region or in Carinthia waiting for you around the Katschberg. More than 70 operated alpine huts serve cheese variations, original Rahmkoch, the popular Bauernkrapfen and Kaiserschmarrn for hikers! Inquire or book now.